Tim Claman has spent his entire career as a media technology innovator, most recently as Chief Technology Officer for Avid, a leading vendor to the media and entertainment industry. Tim’s strengths include:
• Domain Expertise: Extensive knowledge of media and IT technologies, workflows and best practices.
• Innovation: Vision to synthesize market and technology trends into successful business strategies and valuable intellectual property.
• Experience: Extensive background in strategic business planning, software and hardware development, complex systems design, product management and interaction design.
• Communication: Ability to influence stakeholders with cogent verbal, written and visual communications.
• Customer Focus: Track record of close customer relationships and deep industry engagement.
• Leadership: Business-focused executive known for integrity, enthusiasm and collaborative approach.
During his fourteen-year career at Avid, Tim contributed to the design and development of many award-winning products including Avid Pro Tools, Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay, and Avid Unity ISIS.
As CTO, Tim played a key role in shaping Avid’s technology and product strategies. Leading a team of senior architects, Tim was responsible for key technology partnerships, cross-product solution architecture and advanced development. Tim sponsored new IP development at Avid, filing multiple patents as well as creating and implementing Avid’s company-wide innovation program. Tim led technical due diligence for Avid’s M&A activities, including the acquisitions of Blue Order and Max-T. An experienced and sought-after public speaker, Tim has developed and delivered countless future-looking vision presentations and white papers for industry events, including the 2012 HPA Technical Retreat and the 2012 PBS Technical Conference.
Tim’s unique perspective on media technology stems directly from his career as an accomplished editor, sound designer and mixer. During the first decade of his career, Tim pioneered the use of digital audio workstations and consoles in a broad range of environments, from full-service post facilities like Pacific Ocean Post in Santa Monica to small boutiques like Crescendo! Studios in San Francisco. Tim contributed to countless film and TV productions, including feature films like Oliver Stone’s The Doors, network and cable TV programs like NYPD Blue, and national commercials for clients like Nike, Budweiser and Lexus. Before working in film and television, Tim was a professional recording engineer and musician in Los Angeles. Tim holds a bachelor’s degree from Dartmouth College, where he graduated with High Honors in Music Composition.
Tim’s CV is available here for viewing or download.